Building Serverless Apps using AWS SAM Framework
In this workshop, you will architect, develop and deploy two different Applications using services like
Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EventBridge, and Amazon Cognito. With the
knowledge from the workshop, you can build and deploy your own serverless applications using these
for common use cases like web applications, analytics, and more.
Part of this workshop, we would be creating two different applications.
1. A Contact Creation App. - How easier it would be if you could share your contact information with a
click of a button and at the same time scan someone's QR code and get their contact information in your
contacts easily. This app would allow you to understand few basic CRUD operations part of the Application
and allow you to create a complete serverless backend using AWS Lambda functions and API Gateway to manage
end to end operations.
2. AWS Cost Notification Bot - We always want to keep a track on how much usage we are incurring day by
on our AWS services. We would be building a cost notification bot service which would allow you to send
notification to your Teams channel and letting you know the overall usage and your top services which are
In order to complete this workshop you'll need an AWS Account with access to create IAM, S3, DynamoDB,
Lambda, EventBridge, API Gateway, and Cognito resources. All of the resources you will launch as part of
this workshop are eligible for the AWS free tier if your account is less than 12 months old. See the AWS
Free Tier page for more details.
AWS Services Covered:
1. The frontend of the application will be hosted on Amazon S3, with CDN enabled using
2. The backend of the application will be entirely driven by AWS Lambda functions
3. Amazon EventBridge will be used for inter-communication across different microservices
4. Amazon API Gateway for REST
5. Amazon CloudWatch & AWS X-Ray for monitoring, observability, and debugging
6. Amazon Cognito for user management, authentication and authorization
7. DynamoDB for the storage
8. SES for sending out Email Notifications
9. SNS for sending out Event Notifications.
Python would be the choice of langugage for this workshop so working knowledge of Python is must for this